The Many Varieties of Syrah (Shiraz)
Saturday, 3/11, 2-5 pm
Syrah is a grape that originated in the South-of-France, but now is grown worldwide. It has found a second home in Australia, where they call it Shiraz. Syrah tastes wildly different depending on the terroir (soil and climate) where it is grown. Join us for a tour of different styles of Syrah from around the world.
We had a small, but enthusiastic crowd on Thursday for Wine Camp. So we decided to repeat the tasting Saturday. Cheers!
- Francois Villard, Syrah “l’Appel des Serienes” 2014 (Northern Rhone, France)
- Terra Barossa, Shiraz Barossa 2012 (Barossa, Australia)
- Nicolas Perrin, Syrah Vin de France 2015 (Southern Rhone, France)
- Domaine La Blaque Pierrevert 2014 (Provence, France)
- Corvidae, Syrah “Lenore” 2015 (Columbia Valley, Washington)
- Qupe, Syrah Central Coast (Central Coast, California)