Market Street WineshopCville's Best Wine and Beer Selection since 1986
Sicilian Wine Dinner Sunday, December 3, 2017 6:00pm Presented by Fellini's Restaurant and Market Street Wineshop With Speaker Massimo Bistocchi of Vinea Imports Menu & Wines Crostini of Ricotta Salatta, white bean, rapini Bucatini, caramelized fennel, anchovy, citrus...
DISCOVER Belgian Beer February: Abbey Dubbels This Wednesday ♦ Downtown 5:30-7:00 PM TASTING EVENT Originally European monks started brewing beer for the same reason everyone else brewed beer. It was tasty, gave you your grain fix, and was safer to drink in medieval...
Sainte Eulalie, Minervois Rosé 2016 Minervois is one of our favorite appellations. Nestled in the hills of the northern Languedoc, just northeast of the medieval walled city of Carcassonne, it gets its name from the small town of Minerve that sits improbably on a 100...
Parkway Brewing Company, Boating Saison – 6 packs There’s a lot of variety in Saison style ales. It’s usually not much of a problem as long as they’re good. Parkway’s Float Your Boat from Salem, VA is one of those Saisons that has a bedrock of earthiness to it. They...
Manifesto! "Workers of the world unite! You have nothing to lose but your chains." That is the headline quote from the most famous of all manifestos, the Communist Manifesto (1848). Another equally famous one begins, "When in the Course of human events it becomes...read more
Our Favorite Producers Read Our Manifesto G.D. Vajra of Piemonte, Italy Steininger of Austria Durin of Liguria, Italy Scacciadiavoli of Umbria, Italy J. Mourat of The Loire Valley, France Rubus, of the World La Vieille Cure of Bordeaux,...read more
G. D. Vajra, Barolo, Piedmont, Italy G.D.Vajra (pronounced Vie-rah) is a highly-acclaimed winery located in the town Barolo of in northeast Italy's Piedmont. Aldo Vajra is a quiet and low-key man, a poet and a philosopher as well as a winemaker. He is assisted by son...read more
Market Street Wineshop
has been selling a large and carefully chosen selection of wines and beers in Downtown Charlottesville since 1986. We have been voted “Best Wine Shop” by the readers of C-VILLE Weekly. Our staff is passionate about wine and beer and we love hunting down inexpensive deals for dinner as well as helping you select something extraordinary for a special occasion.
In addition to wine and beer, we have a small but quality selection of specialty foods, coffees, teas, gifts and hand-woven baskets. If you want to try before you buy, we have our Wines of the Week open to taste every day. We also have free tastings; beers Wednesday evening and wine Friday evening at our Downtown store.
- Over 1200 wines and 400 beers in stock, with tens of thousands more available on a week’s notice.
- Free gift wrapping for bottles in our signature bright red bag.
- Help selecting gifts and putting together gift baskets.
- Delivery to anyone in our local area.
- Shipping to 29 states and the District of Columbia. We also sell wine shipping boxes.
- Gift Cards in any amount. Call with your credit card and recipient information. We are happy to mail them to the recipient for you. (They never expire and have no future fees.)
- Free chilling service. Our “Wine Well” chiller will chill any bottle in seven minutes. Wine or beer. If you want to pick up something in particular, just call and we will drop it in the chiller and have it waiting for you.
- Cork recycling. Carpets Plus has provided us a cork recycling bin from which they obtain corks to make cork flooring.
- Moving boxes. We keep a stack of cardboard wine and beer boxes that are perfectly-sized for moving. Feel free to take what you need.
Wines of the Week open every day at both stores (one white and one red) Wednesday Beer Tasting Downtown 5:30-7 pm Friday Wine Tasting Downtown 5-7:30 pm
15% off a full case of any 12 non-sale wines. 10% off a half case of any 6 non-sale wines. 5% off a case of any non-sale beers. (A case of beer is 4 six-packs, 6 four-packs, or any mixed combination adding to 24 single bottles.) (A case of beer is also 12 of the 22 oz or 750 ml bottles.) Sale wines or beers count toward your number. Items do not need to be all the same. They can be mixed.