Small production, biodynamic, and organic wines Free tasting Uptown Saturday October 14 2-5pm We will taste unique, affordable artisan wines that you cannot buy in grocery stores. These wines embody the soul of the small family farmers who pour their hearts into the...
WE PUT THE ‘ALE’ IN ALEXANDRIA! Wednesday, 5:30-7 pm, 8/23, Downtown The historic port city of Alexandria, VA has a proud tradition of brewing beer for the region that dates back to the 19th century. Founded in 1866, the Robert Portner Brewing Company operated in...
Santa Julia Malbec Organica 2017 Sometimes in life you get more for less. Not often, but sometimes. This smashing Malbec is a ripe plushie of a wine. It is crafted from organically-farmed grapes by a winery that emphasizes energy conservation, wildlife preservation,...
Parkway Brewing Company, Boating Saison – 6 packs There’s a lot of variety in Saison style ales. It’s usually not much of a problem as long as they’re good. Parkway’s Float Your Boat from Salem, VA is one of those Saisons that has a bedrock of earthiness to it. They...
G. D. Vajra, Barolo, Piedmont, Italy G.D.Vajra (pronounced Vie-rah) is a highly-acclaimed winery located in the town Barolo of in northeast Italy's Piedmont. Aldo Vajra is a quiet and low-key man, a poet and a philosopher as well as a winemaker. He is assisted by son...read more
The Fiefs Vendéens wine region is located in the unknown southwest corner of the Loire Valley, not far from Cognac country and less than twenty miles from the Atlantic Ocean. The J. Mourat wines come from the sub-region Fiefs Vendéens, which they rescued from virtual...read more
The Rubus Concept Rubus is a private label created and used by wholesaler and importer Kysela Pere et Fils of Winchester, Virginia in order to buy, bottle and market wine found at incredible quality/price ratio. All Rubus wines are selected by Fran Kysela MS. It was...read more
Market Street Wineshop
has been selling a large and carefully chosen selection of wines and beers in Downtown Charlottesville since 1986 and at our Uptown location since 1996. For the last 12 years we’ve been voted “Best Wine Shop” by the readers of C-VILLE Weekly. Our staff is passionate about wine and beer and we love hunting down inexpensive deals for dinner as well as helping you select something extraordinary for a special occasion. In addition to wine and beer we have a small but quality selection of specialty foods, coffees, teas, gifts and hand woven baskets. If you want to try before you buy, we have our Wines of the Week open to taste every day. We also have free tastings at both stores; beers Wednesday evening and wine Friday evening at our Downtown store, and wine Saturday afternoon at our Uptown store. We provide these services:
- Over 1200 wines and 400 beers in stock, with tens of thousands more available on a week’s notice.
- Free gift wrapping for bottles in our signature bright red bag.
- Help selecting gifts and putting together gift baskets.
- Delivery to anyone in our local area.
- Shipping to 29 states and the District of Columbia. We also sell wine shipping boxes.
- Gift Cards in any amount. Call with your credit card and recipient information. We are happy to mail them to the recipient for you. (They never expire and have no future fees.)
- Free chilling service. Our “Wine Well” chiller will chill any bottle in seven minutes. Wine or beer. If you want to pickup something in particular, just call and we will drop it in the chiller and have it waiting for you.
- Cork recycling. Carpets Plus has provided us a cork recycling bin from which they obtain corks to make cork flooring.
- Moving boxes. We keep a stack of cardboard wine and beer boxes that are perfectly-sized for moving. Feel free to take what you need.
Free Tastings Wines of the Week open every day at both stores (one white and one red) Wednesday Beer Tasting Downtown 5:30-7 pm Friday Wine Tasting Downtown 5-7:30 pm Saturday Wine Tasting Uptown 2-5 pm We offer these discounts: 15% off a full case of any 12 non-sale wines. 10% off a half case of any 6 non-sale wines. 5% off a case of any non-sale beers. (A case of beer is 4 six-packs, 6 four-packs, or any mixed combination adding to 24 single bottles.) (A case of beer is also 12 of the 22 oz or 750 ml bottles.) Sale wines or beers count toward your number. Items do not need to be all the same. They can be mixed. We provide information on our weekly tastings, events, and other specials in our e-newsletter. Sign Up today!