Market Street WineshopCville's Best Wine and Beer Selection since 1986
Wine Tasting, Friday 2/2 at 5-7:30 pm White di Lenardo, Chardonnay Friuli 2016 - $13.99, Wine of the Week Price - $10.96, (100% Chardonnay; Friuli, Italy) When we tasted Massimo’s amazing Chardonnay, we were smitten. Lush, plush, smooth, juicy and full of flavor it...
DISCOVER The world's best meads from Dansk Mjod of Denmark. The Vikings were great seafarers, terrified Europe for centuries, and had great hair. They also drank excellent mead (Mjod). Come taste the beverage that made them so fearsome. Maybe it will give you great...
Empordalia, “Sinols” Negre Emporda 2016 Emporda is a Spanish DO (appellation) on the northern border of Spain and France. Their wines are a blend of Spanish varieties along with French varieties. The grapes are all grown in Spain. This robust red is a nice...
Starr Hill Brewing Company, Last Leaf – 6 packs This brew was Starr Hill’s breakout fall hit last year. The Last Leaf is an English Brown Ale in its base made with numerous malts for a complex, nutty taste. East Kent Goldings hops come in next to round out the...
UPTOWN Thursday 10/26/17 FREE Wine Tasting with Certified Wine Specialist and Habitat for Humanity …beautiful, refined and aged to perfection. Come taste two very rare yet classic Tuscan wines from Villa Calcinaia, one of the oldest Chianti estates in Italy. First we...read more
Saturday 10/7 Tasting Uptown 2-5pm Taste the flavors of fall in this Saturdays Uptown tasting. We will explore biodynamic and organic wines from New York, Oregon, California, Germany, France and Italy with Kyle from The Country Vintner. These rich flavorful wines will...read more
Tomorrow the circus comes to town; reporters, activists, rubberneckers, and, of course, knuckleheads dressed up like clowns. Market Street will be open for traffic all day, as will the Market Street Wineshop Downtown. Many are advising residents to avoid Downtown. I...read more
Market Street Wineshop
has been selling a large and carefully chosen selection of wines and beers in Downtown Charlottesville since 1986. We have been voted “Best Wine Shop” by the readers of C-VILLE Weekly. Our staff is passionate about wine and beer and we love hunting down inexpensive deals for dinner as well as helping you select something extraordinary for a special occasion.
In addition to wine and beer, we have a small but quality selection of specialty foods, coffees, teas, gifts and hand-woven baskets. If you want to try before you buy, we have our Wines of the Week open to taste every day. We also have free tastings; beers Wednesday evening and wine Friday evening at our Downtown store.
- Over 1200 wines and 400 beers in stock, with tens of thousands more available on a week’s notice.
- Free gift wrapping for bottles in our signature bright red bag.
- Help selecting gifts and putting together gift baskets.
- Delivery to anyone in our local area.
- Shipping to 29 states and the District of Columbia. We also sell wine shipping boxes.
- Gift Cards in any amount. Call with your credit card and recipient information. We are happy to mail them to the recipient for you. (They never expire and have no future fees.)
- Free chilling service. Our “Wine Well” chiller will chill any bottle in seven minutes. Wine or beer. If you want to pick up something in particular, just call and we will drop it in the chiller and have it waiting for you.
- Cork recycling. Carpets Plus has provided us a cork recycling bin from which they obtain corks to make cork flooring.
- Moving boxes. We keep a stack of cardboard wine and beer boxes that are perfectly-sized for moving. Feel free to take what you need.
Wines of the Week open every day at both stores (one white and one red) Wednesday Beer Tasting Downtown 5:30-7 pm Friday Wine Tasting Downtown 5-7:30 pm
15% off a full case of any 12 non-sale wines. 10% off a half case of any 6 non-sale wines. 5% off a case of any non-sale beers. (A case of beer is 4 six-packs, 6 four-packs, or any mixed combination adding to 24 single bottles.) (A case of beer is also 12 of the 22 oz or 750 ml bottles.) Sale wines or beers count toward your number. Items do not need to be all the same. They can be mixed.