MSWS Downtown 5-7:30pm Dr. Thanisch Riesling 2015 - $15.99 Tasting price - $14.39 100% Riesling; Mosel, Germany) “Dusty earth and mineral tones add an edge to this sunny, lemony-fresh Riesling. A shade off dry, it's brisk and thirst quenching, finishing on a...
DISCOVER Belgian Beer February: Abbey Dubbels This Wednesday ♦ Downtown 5:30-7:00 PM TASTING EVENT Originally European monks started brewing beer for the same reason everyone else brewed beer. It was tasty, gave you your grain fix, and was safer to drink in medieval...
Solms-Delta Chenin Blanc 2016 - $11.99 We were pleased to discover that the motto of the Solms-Delta Wine Farm is “Creating wine, music and hope.” In fact, this wine is nicknamed “Vastrap” (meaning “trample”) after the style of music which unites Khoesan trance-dance...
Devils Backbone Danzig Devils Backbone (a subsidiary of Anheuser-Busch) is known for their lagers. Thus it’s no surprise to see them brewing a Baltic style Porter, the Porter that is often a lager and not an ale. A whole load of malts come together for this lager --...
Ampeleia, Costa Toscano Rosso Un Litro 2015 - $19.99 (Grenache, Mourvèdre, Carignan, Alicante Bouschet; Tuscany, Italy) Elisabetta Foradori, one of Italy's top superstar winemakers, famous for her work with Teraldego in the Alto Adige has come together with 2 friends,...read more
Holiday Hours Closing 4 pm 12/24 Closed Christmas Day Resume normal hours Monday 12/26 Closing 5 pm 12/31 Uptown Closing 6 pm 12/31 Downtown Closed New Year’s Day Downtown Closing at 5 pm Monday, 1/2/2017 Uptown Closed Monday,...read more
"What to serve with Thanksgiving" A question we are asked continually this time of year. These are wines we've been recommending. More will be added each day... Chateau de Vaux, Pinot Noir Moselle 2014 - $21.99 (100% Pinot Noir; Moselle, Lorraine, France) Those of us...read more
Market Street Wineshop
has been selling a large and carefully chosen selection of wines and beers in Downtown Charlottesville since 1986 and at our Uptown location since 1996. For the last 12 years we’ve been voted “Best Wine Shop” by the readers of C-VILLE Weekly. Our staff is passionate about wine and beer and we love hunting down inexpensive deals for dinner as well as helping you select something extraordinary for a special occasion. In addition to wine and beer we have a small but quality selection of specialty foods, coffees, teas, gifts and hand woven baskets. If you want to try before you buy, we have our Wines of the Week open to taste every day. We also have free tastings at both stores; beers Wednesday evening and wine Friday evening at our Downtown store, and wine Saturday afternoon at our Uptown store. We provide these services:
- Over 1200 wines and 400 beers in stock, with tens of thousands more available on a week’s notice.
- Free gift wrapping for bottles in our signature bright red bag.
- Help selecting gifts and putting together gift baskets.
- Delivery to anyone in our local area.
- Shipping to 29 states and the District of Columbia. We also sell wine shipping boxes.
- Gift Cards in any amount. Call with your credit card and recipient information. We are happy to mail them to the recipient for you. (They never expire and have no future fees.)
- Free chilling service. Our “Wine Well” chiller will chill any bottle in seven minutes. Wine or beer. If you want to pickup something in particular, just call and we will drop it in the chiller and have it waiting for you.
- Cork recycling. Carpets Plus has provided us a cork recycling bin from which they obtain corks to make cork flooring.
- Moving boxes. We keep a stack of cardboard wine and beer boxes that are perfectly-sized for moving. Feel free to take what you need.
Free Tastings Wines of the Week open every day at both stores (one white and one red) Wednesday Beer Tasting Downtown 5:30-7 pm Friday Wine Tasting Downtown 5-7:30 pm Saturday Wine Tasting Uptown 2-5 pm We offer these discounts: 15% off a full case of any 12 non-sale wines. 10% off a half case of any 6 non-sale wines. 5% off a case of any non-sale beers. (A case of beer is 4 six-packs, 6 four-packs, or any mixed combination adding to 24 single bottles.) (A case of beer is also 12 of the 22 oz or 750 ml bottles.) Sale wines or beers count toward your number. Items do not need to be all the same. They can be mixed. We provide information on our weekly tastings, events, and other specials in our e-newsletter. Sign Up today!