Market Street WineshopCville's Best Wine and Beer Selection since 1986
Market Street Wineshop We’re Popping Corks! Market Street Wineshop is hosting a FREE real Champagne tasting Thursday 12/28 from 5-7pm. Celebrate the New Year early by joining us at Market Street Wineshop to toast with our 31-year-old time honored tradition! 311 E....
WE PUT THE ‘ALE’ IN ALEXANDRIA! Wednesday, 5:30-7 pm, 8/23, Downtown The historic port city of Alexandria, VA has a proud tradition of brewing beer for the region that dates back to the 19th century. Founded in 1866, the Robert Portner Brewing Company operated in...
Tournon, Viognier-Marsanne "Mathilda" 2014 Michel Chapoutier is one of the most renowned winemakers in the Rhone Valley, if not all of France. Domaine Tournon is a relatively new project for Chapoutier based in Victoria, Australia. Focusing on the unique terroir of...
Basic City Honey-Hued Oopsproch We all must be flies to Basic City, because they want to catch us with a little bit of honey. The Basic City Honey-Hued Oopsproch is an easy drinking lager that pays attention to the maltier side of things. Don’t worry. It stays away...
In the Platonic system of philosophy, the ideal form of government is the Philosopher-King. Two thousand years later, California has improved upon this — they have a Philosopher-Winemaker in the form of Randall Grahm, owner and self-styled “President-for-Life” of...read more
DOWNtown Wine Tasting Thursday Nov. 16 from 5-7pm We have indeed gone to the dogs! It’s getting colder every day and our furry friends deserve a warm and safe place this winter. With our dog friends in mind a portion of proceeds from wines bought at this tasting will...read more
UPTOWN Thursday 10/26/17 FREE Wine Tasting with Certified Wine Specialist and Habitat for Humanity …beautiful, refined and aged to perfection. Come taste two very rare yet classic Tuscan wines from Villa Calcinaia, one of the oldest Chianti estates in Italy. First we...read more
Market Street Wineshop
has been selling a large and carefully chosen selection of wines and beers in Downtown Charlottesville since 1986. We have been voted “Best Wine Shop” by the readers of C-VILLE Weekly. Our staff is passionate about wine and beer and we love hunting down inexpensive deals for dinner as well as helping you select something extraordinary for a special occasion.
In addition to wine and beer, we have a small but quality selection of specialty foods, coffees, teas, gifts and hand-woven baskets. If you want to try before you buy, we have our Wines of the Week open to taste every day. We also have free tastings; beers Wednesday evening and wine Friday evening at our Downtown store.
- Over 1200 wines and 400 beers in stock, with tens of thousands more available on a week’s notice.
- Free gift wrapping for bottles in our signature bright red bag.
- Help selecting gifts and putting together gift baskets.
- Delivery to anyone in our local area.
- Shipping to 29 states and the District of Columbia. We also sell wine shipping boxes.
- Gift Cards in any amount. Call with your credit card and recipient information. We are happy to mail them to the recipient for you. (They never expire and have no future fees.)
- Free chilling service. Our “Wine Well” chiller will chill any bottle in seven minutes. Wine or beer. If you want to pick up something in particular, just call and we will drop it in the chiller and have it waiting for you.
- Cork recycling. Carpets Plus has provided us a cork recycling bin from which they obtain corks to make cork flooring.
- Moving boxes. We keep a stack of cardboard wine and beer boxes that are perfectly-sized for moving. Feel free to take what you need.
Wines of the Week open every day at both stores (one white and one red) Wednesday Beer Tasting Downtown 5:30-7 pm Friday Wine Tasting Downtown 5-7:30 pm
15% off a full case of any 12 non-sale wines. 10% off a half case of any 6 non-sale wines. 5% off a case of any non-sale beers. (A case of beer is 4 six-packs, 6 four-packs, or any mixed combination adding to 24 single bottles.) (A case of beer is also 12 of the 22 oz or 750 ml bottles.) Sale wines or beers count toward your number. Items do not need to be all the same. They can be mixed.