More About Our Company
Market Street Wineshop has been selling a large and carefully chosen selection of wines and beers in Downtown Charlottesville since 1986 and at our Uptown location since 1996. For the last 12 years we’ve been voted “Best Wine Shop” by the readers of C-VILLE Weekly.
Our staff is passionate about wine and beer and we love hunting down inexpensive deals for dinner as well as helping you select something extraordinary for a special occasion.
In addition to wine and beer we have a small but quality selection of specialty foods, coffees, teas, gifts and hand woven baskets.
If you want to try before you buy, we have our Wines of the Week open to taste every day. We also have free tastings at both stores; beers Wednesday evening and wine Friday evening at our Downtown store, and wine Saturday afternoon at our Uptown store.
We provide these services:
- Over 1200 wines and 400 beers in stock, with tens of thousands more available on a week’s notice.
- Free gift wrapping for bottles in our signature bright red bag.
- Help selecting gifts and putting together gift baskets.
- Delivery to anyone in our local area.
- Shipping to 29 states and the District of Columbia. We also sell wine shipping boxes.
- Gift Cards in any amount. Call with your credit card and recipient information. We are happy to mail them to the recipient for you. (They never expire and have no future fees.)
- Free chilling service. Our “Wine Well” chiller will chill any bottle in seven minutes. Wine or beer. If you want to pickup something in particular, just call and we will drop it in the chiller and have it waiting for you.
- Cork recycling. Carpets Plus has provided us a cork recycling bin from which they obtain corks to make cork flooring.
- Moving boxes. We keep a stack of cardboard wine and beer boxes that are perfectly-sized for moving. Feel free to take what you need.
Wines of the Week open every day at both stores (one white and one red)
Wednesday Beer Tasting Downtown 5:30-7 pm
Friday Wine Tasting Downtown 5-7:30 pm
Saturday Wine Tasting Uptown 2-5 pm
We offer these discounts:
15% off a full case of any 12 non-sale wines.
10% off a half case of any 6 non-sale wines.
5% off a case of any non-sale beers.
(A case of beer is 4 six-packs, 6 four-packs, or any mixed combination adding to 24 single bottles.)
(A case of beer is also 12 of the 22 oz or 750 ml bottles.)
Sale wines or beers count toward your number.
Items do not need to be all the same. They can be mixed.
We provide information on our weekly tastings, events, and other specials
in our e-newsletter.Read More
Recent Blog Posts
March 26, 2015 |
5:00 to 7:30 MSWS Downtown Santola Vinho Verde NV – $7.99 Tasting price – $7.19 (Loureiro, Azal, Pedernã; Vinho...
March 24, 2015 |
Lexicon Cabernet Sauvignon 2013 Lexicon is made by the highly-regarded Chakana Winery of Mendoza, Argentina....
March 23, 2015 |
Wednesday, March 25, 2015 – Downtown – 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM Beers That Go Out Like a Lamb Finally,...
March 23, 2015 |
RJ Rockers Son of a Peach Coming out of Spartanburg, SC, RJ Rockers is dedicated to being a small brewer that...
March 19, 2015 |
5:00 to 7:30 MSWS Downtown Lake Chalice Cracklin’ Savie – $17.99 Tasting price – $16.19...
March 17, 2015 |
Paso a Paso Organic Verdejo 2011 Paso a Paso is a joint venture between superstar wine importer Jorge Ordoñez and...