Downtown, Friday, 8/11, 5 - 7:30 pm With our great friends from DS Trading: Wes Mccullen and Jean Paul Martinod Sanchez Friday (and Saturday) we celebrate life and all the great things the world gives us. Wine is pleasure and a part of gracious living. And pleasure is...
DISCOVER New VA Beers This Wednesday ♦ Downtown 5:30-7:00 PM TASTING EVENT Throughout the rest of August we will feature VA Beers at our Wednesday Downtown tastings. This week, it's various VA beers. FEATURING* Wild Wolf Ginger Lager Three Notch'd Minute Man Three...
Alain Jaume Tavel Rosé Le Cretace 2015 We’re Number One! (60% Grenache, 30% Syrah and 10% Mourvedre ; Rhone, Tavel, France) "Tavel: Premiere Rose Tout de le Monde" declares the red neon sign on the roof of the Tavel coop in three foot tall letters. It's arguably true...
Southern Tier Brewing Company, Lemon Drop Sun – 6 packs And the fruit beers keep coming! American craft brewers have made fruit IPAs the next “big thing,” but as the sun burns us and the humidity stifles us, several brewers are adding fruit to wheat beers to make...
Tomorrow the circus comes to town; reporters, activists, rubberneckers, and, of course, knuckleheads dressed up like clowns. Market Street will be open for traffic all day, as will the Market Street Wineshop Downtown. Many are advising residents to avoid Downtown. I...read more
Named as a perennial “Sleeper of the vintage” in almost every vintage by wine guru Robert Parker, this top Fronsac estate, American-owned La Vieille Cure is run by New York’s Colin Ferenbach. This 45-acre vineyard is planted with 75% Merlot, 22% Cabernet Franc and 3%...read more
Manifesto! "Workers of the world unite! You have nothing to lose but your chains." That is the headline quote from the most famous of all manifestos, the Communist Manifesto (1848). Another equally famous one begins, "When in the Course of human events it becomes...read more
Market Street Wineshop
has been selling a large and carefully chosen selection of wines and beers in Downtown Charlottesville since 1986 and at our Uptown location since 1996. For the last 12 years we’ve been voted “Best Wine Shop” by the readers of C-VILLE Weekly. Our staff is passionate about wine and beer and we love hunting down inexpensive deals for dinner as well as helping you select something extraordinary for a special occasion. In addition to wine and beer we have a small but quality selection of specialty foods, coffees, teas, gifts and hand woven baskets. If you want to try before you buy, we have our Wines of the Week open to taste every day. We also have free tastings at both stores; beers Wednesday evening and wine Friday evening at our Downtown store, and wine Saturday afternoon at our Uptown store. We provide these services:
- Over 1200 wines and 400 beers in stock, with tens of thousands more available on a week’s notice.
- Free gift wrapping for bottles in our signature bright red bag.
- Help selecting gifts and putting together gift baskets.
- Delivery to anyone in our local area.
- Shipping to 29 states and the District of Columbia. We also sell wine shipping boxes.
- Gift Cards in any amount. Call with your credit card and recipient information. We are happy to mail them to the recipient for you. (They never expire and have no future fees.)
- Free chilling service. Our “Wine Well” chiller will chill any bottle in seven minutes. Wine or beer. If you want to pickup something in particular, just call and we will drop it in the chiller and have it waiting for you.
- Cork recycling. Carpets Plus has provided us a cork recycling bin from which they obtain corks to make cork flooring.
- Moving boxes. We keep a stack of cardboard wine and beer boxes that are perfectly-sized for moving. Feel free to take what you need.
Free Tastings Wines of the Week open every day at both stores (one white and one red) Wednesday Beer Tasting Downtown 5:30-7 pm Friday Wine Tasting Downtown 5-7:30 pm Saturday Wine Tasting Uptown 2-5 pm We offer these discounts: 15% off a full case of any 12 non-sale wines. 10% off a half case of any 6 non-sale wines. 5% off a case of any non-sale beers. (A case of beer is 4 six-packs, 6 four-packs, or any mixed combination adding to 24 single bottles.) (A case of beer is also 12 of the 22 oz or 750 ml bottles.) Sale wines or beers count toward your number. Items do not need to be all the same. They can be mixed. We provide information on our weekly tastings, events, and other specials in our e-newsletter. Sign Up today!