Market Street WineshopCville's Best Wine and Beer Selection since 1986
Friday Night Wine Tasting, 2/16, 5-7:30 pm White Le Paradou, Viognier 2016 - $11.99, Tasting Price - $10.19 (100% Viognier; Languedoc, France) The exact origin of Viognier is unknown, but it is the vine of the mythical Condrieu of the Northern Rhone Valley. Even...
DISCOVER Big Bottle Blowout This Wednesday ♦ 7 February ♦ Downtown 5:30-7:00 PM TASTING EVENT This week, just a selection of special and good beers we had a bunch of ... FEATURING THESE BEERS* Ommegang Hennepin North Coast Brother Thelonious Belgian Style Abbey...
Glenelly Estate, Cabernet Sauvignon Stellenbosch “The Glass Collection” 2014 Glenelly Estate lies in the Idas Valley in the heart of Stellenbosch, South Africa's premier wine region, on the southern slopes of the iconic Simonsberg Mountain. It is the home of May de...
Tröegs Nugget Nectar -- 6 packs The Tröegs Nugget Nectar was originally brewed as a Nugget-ized version of their long-standing Hopback Amber, but over the years it's become its own thing. A bill of Pilsner, Vienna, and Munich malts can barely keep up with the...
Join APimento's Chef Gay Beery and Chef Gail Hobbs-Page of Caromont Farm and wine guru Robert Harllee for yet another stellar Valentine's Day Dinner. Details TBA. But a magnificent time will be had by all. We do not have a menu yet. $75.00. Call APimento at...read more
Sunday, January 14, 2017 6:00pm Presented by Fellinis and Market Street Wineshop With Speaker Massimo Bistocchi of Vinea Imports Menu & Wines Crostini of Ricotta Salatta, white bean, rapini Bucatini, caramelized fennel, anchovy, citrus bread crumbs 2016 Alesandro di...read more
Now there is a matter of some confusion that requires a mini dissertation; the words “champagne” and “sparkling wine.” One must understand, dear reader, that all that sparkles is not Champagne. Just as all tissue is not Kleenex, all “champagne” is not Champagne. Some...read more
Market Street Wineshop
has been selling a large and carefully chosen selection of wines and beers in Downtown Charlottesville since 1986. We have been voted “Best Wine Shop” by the readers of C-VILLE Weekly. Our staff is passionate about wine and beer and we love hunting down inexpensive deals for dinner as well as helping you select something extraordinary for a special occasion.
In addition to wine and beer, we have a small but quality selection of specialty foods, coffees, teas, gifts and hand-woven baskets. If you want to try before you buy, we have our Wines of the Week open to taste every day. We also have free tastings; beers Wednesday evening and wine Friday evening at our Downtown store.
- Over 1200 wines and 400 beers in stock, with tens of thousands more available on a week’s notice.
- Free gift wrapping for bottles in our signature bright red bag.
- Help selecting gifts and putting together gift baskets.
- Delivery to anyone in our local area.
- Shipping to 29 states and the District of Columbia. We also sell wine shipping boxes.
- Gift Cards in any amount. Call with your credit card and recipient information. We are happy to mail them to the recipient for you. (They never expire and have no future fees.)
- Free chilling service. Our “Wine Well” chiller will chill any bottle in seven minutes. Wine or beer. If you want to pick up something in particular, just call and we will drop it in the chiller and have it waiting for you.
- Cork recycling. Carpets Plus has provided us a cork recycling bin from which they obtain corks to make cork flooring.
- Moving boxes. We keep a stack of cardboard wine and beer boxes that are perfectly-sized for moving. Feel free to take what you need.
Wines of the Week open every day at both stores (one white and one red) Wednesday Beer Tasting Downtown 5:30-7 pm Friday Wine Tasting Downtown 5-7:30 pm
15% off a full case of any 12 non-sale wines. 10% off a half case of any 6 non-sale wines. 5% off a case of any non-sale beers. (A case of beer is 4 six-packs, 6 four-packs, or any mixed combination adding to 24 single bottles.) (A case of beer is also 12 of the 22 oz or 750 ml bottles.) Sale wines or beers count toward your number. Items do not need to be all the same. They can be mixed.