Uptown is moving Downtown! We will be saying a fond farewell and raising a glass in honor of our Uptown patrons and celebrating our exciting merger with a sip of sparkling wines and a special offer. Join us to taste sparkling and natural wines. We’ll round out our...
DISCOVER Thanksgiving Tasting This Wednesday ♦ Downtown 5:30-7:00 PM TASTING EVENT This week we taste some beers that are perfect for your Thanksgiving. FEATURING* Sierra Nevada Otra Vez Val Dieu Dubbel Cigar City Maduro Saucony Creek Captain Pumpkin's Maple Mistress...
Di Lenardo, Refosco IGT Venezia Giulia 2016 The source of some of Italy’s best and most distinctive white wines, Friuli-Venezia Giulia is where Italian, Germanic, and Slavic cultures converge. Seas of Pinot Grigio and Prosecco are produced here. But it is also known...
Southern Tier Brewing Company Harvest Ale -- 6 packs While the Virginia summer seems determined to hold on with humid fingers, Southern Tier Brewing Co. from Lakewood, NY wants to ease you into fall. While most harvest ales are fresh hop IPAs celebrating the hop...
DOWNtown Wine Tasting Thursday Nov. 16 from 5-7pm We have indeed gone to the dogs! It’s getting colder every day and our furry friends deserve a warm and safe place this winter. With our dog friends in mind a portion of proceeds from wines bought at this tasting will...read more
UPTOWN Thursday 10/26/17 FREE Wine Tasting with Certified Wine Specialist and Habitat for Humanity …beautiful, refined and aged to perfection. Come taste two very rare yet classic Tuscan wines from Villa Calcinaia, one of the oldest Chianti estates in Italy. First we...read more
Saturday 10/7 Tasting Uptown 2-5pm Taste the flavors of fall in this Saturdays Uptown tasting. We will explore biodynamic and organic wines from New York, Oregon, California, Germany, France and Italy with Kyle from The Country Vintner. These rich flavorful wines will...read more
Market Street Wineshop
has been selling a large and carefully chosen selection of wines and beers in Downtown Charlottesville since 1986 and at our Uptown location since 1996. For the last 12 years we’ve been voted “Best Wine Shop” by the readers of C-VILLE Weekly. Our staff is passionate about wine and beer and we love hunting down inexpensive deals for dinner as well as helping you select something extraordinary for a special occasion. In addition to wine and beer we have a small but quality selection of specialty foods, coffees, teas, gifts and hand woven baskets. If you want to try before you buy, we have our Wines of the Week open to taste every day. We also have free tastings at both stores; beers Wednesday evening and wine Friday evening at our Downtown store, and wine Saturday afternoon at our Uptown store. We provide these services:
- Over 1200 wines and 400 beers in stock, with tens of thousands more available on a week’s notice.
- Free gift wrapping for bottles in our signature bright red bag.
- Help selecting gifts and putting together gift baskets.
- Delivery to anyone in our local area.
- Shipping to 29 states and the District of Columbia. We also sell wine shipping boxes.
- Gift Cards in any amount. Call with your credit card and recipient information. We are happy to mail them to the recipient for you. (They never expire and have no future fees.)
- Free chilling service. Our “Wine Well” chiller will chill any bottle in seven minutes. Wine or beer. If you want to pickup something in particular, just call and we will drop it in the chiller and have it waiting for you.
- Cork recycling. Carpets Plus has provided us a cork recycling bin from which they obtain corks to make cork flooring.
- Moving boxes. We keep a stack of cardboard wine and beer boxes that are perfectly-sized for moving. Feel free to take what you need.
Free Tastings Wines of the Week open every day at both stores (one white and one red) Wednesday Beer Tasting Downtown 5:30-7 pm Friday Wine Tasting Downtown 5-7:30 pm Saturday Wine Tasting Uptown 2-5 pm We offer these discounts: 15% off a full case of any 12 non-sale wines. 10% off a half case of any 6 non-sale wines. 5% off a case of any non-sale beers. (A case of beer is 4 six-packs, 6 four-packs, or any mixed combination adding to 24 single bottles.) (A case of beer is also 12 of the 22 oz or 750 ml bottles.) Sale wines or beers count toward your number. Items do not need to be all the same. They can be mixed. We provide information on our weekly tastings, events, and other specials in our e-newsletter. Sign Up today!