Discover The Upgraded Friday Wine Tasting, Eclectic and Informative 5-7:30 pm Friday, 8 December with Kyle Boatright of the Country Vintner FEATURING Domaine Tournon, Mathilda White (2014): Reg $14.99/Sale $11.96 "Michel Chapoutier, owner and winemaker of M....
WE PUT THE ‘ALE’ IN ALEXANDRIA! Wednesday, 5:30-7 pm, 8/23, Downtown The historic port city of Alexandria, VA has a proud tradition of brewing beer for the region that dates back to the 19th century. Founded in 1866, the Robert Portner Brewing Company operated in...
Sainte Eulalie, Minervois Rosé 2016 Minervois is one of our favorite appellations. Nestled in the hills of the northern Languedoc, just northeast of the medieval walled city of Carcassonne, it gets its name from the small town of Minerve that sits improbably on a 100...
Three Notch'd & Oskar Blues Brewing Companies Black & Goldings -- 6 packs You’ve gotta’ love a good collaboration. Here we have Dave Warwick from Three Notch’d Brewing Company reaching out to his friend Tim Matthews from Oskar Blues to make this slightly hoppy black...
In the Platonic system of philosophy, the ideal form of government is the Philosopher-King. Two thousand years later, California has improved upon this — they have a Philosopher-Winemaker in the form of Randall Grahm, owner and self-styled “President-for-Life” of...read more
DISCOVER Bold Rock Ciders This Wednesday ♦ Downtown 5:30-7:00 PM TASTING EVENT This week we taste some of the ciders from Bold Rock Cidery. FEATURING* Premium Dry Virginia Draft Orchard Frost Blood Orange Pear If you're John Washburn, it seems like you just pick up...read more
DOWNtown Wine Tasting Thursday Nov. 16 from 5-7pm We have indeed gone to the dogs! It’s getting colder every day and our furry friends deserve a warm and safe place this winter. With our dog friends in mind a portion of proceeds from wines bought at this tasting will...read more
Market Street Wineshop
has been selling a large and carefully chosen selection of wines and beers in Downtown Charlottesville since 1986 and at our Uptown location since 1996. For the last 12 years we’ve been voted “Best Wine Shop” by the readers of C-VILLE Weekly. Our staff is passionate about wine and beer and we love hunting down inexpensive deals for dinner as well as helping you select something extraordinary for a special occasion. In addition to wine and beer we have a small but quality selection of specialty foods, coffees, teas, gifts and hand woven baskets. If you want to try before you buy, we have our Wines of the Week open to taste every day. We also have free tastings at both stores; beers Wednesday evening and wine Friday evening at our Downtown store, and wine Saturday afternoon at our Uptown store. We provide these services:
- Over 1200 wines and 400 beers in stock, with tens of thousands more available on a week’s notice.
- Free gift wrapping for bottles in our signature bright red bag.
- Help selecting gifts and putting together gift baskets.
- Delivery to anyone in our local area.
- Shipping to 29 states and the District of Columbia. We also sell wine shipping boxes.
- Gift Cards in any amount. Call with your credit card and recipient information. We are happy to mail them to the recipient for you. (They never expire and have no future fees.)
- Free chilling service. Our “Wine Well” chiller will chill any bottle in seven minutes. Wine or beer. If you want to pickup something in particular, just call and we will drop it in the chiller and have it waiting for you.
- Cork recycling. Carpets Plus has provided us a cork recycling bin from which they obtain corks to make cork flooring.
- Moving boxes. We keep a stack of cardboard wine and beer boxes that are perfectly-sized for moving. Feel free to take what you need.
Free Tastings Wines of the Week open every day at both stores (one white and one red) Wednesday Beer Tasting Downtown 5:30-7 pm Friday Wine Tasting Downtown 5-7:30 pm Saturday Wine Tasting Uptown 2-5 pm We offer these discounts: 15% off a full case of any 12 non-sale wines. 10% off a half case of any 6 non-sale wines. 5% off a case of any non-sale beers. (A case of beer is 4 six-packs, 6 four-packs, or any mixed combination adding to 24 single bottles.) (A case of beer is also 12 of the 22 oz or 750 ml bottles.) Sale wines or beers count toward your number. Items do not need to be all the same. They can be mixed. We provide information on our weekly tastings, events, and other specials in our e-newsletter. Sign Up today!