Market Street WineshopsCville's Best Wine and Beer Selection since 1986
DISCOVER Wine Camp: "Vrai" Beaujolais Wine Tasting Thursday ♦ Uptown ♦ 11/30 5 – 7 pm TASTING EVENT Beaujolais a secret favorite red wine of most wine retailers. Taste real, artisan, and natural red Beaujolais along with a white and rosé. No Nouveau. FEATURING...
DISCOVER Christmas Beer and Winter Ales This Wednesday ♦ Downtown 5:30-7:00 PM TASTING EVENT This week we get down to tasting some holiday beers. FEATURING Great Lakes Christmas Ales Bell's Christmas Ales Brasserie Huyghe Delirium Noël St. Bernardus Christmas Ale...
Capcanes, “Mas Donis” Montsant Tinto “Barrica” 2013 Situated in the Catalan town of the same name, the cooperative of Capcanes began by making kosher wines for the Jewish community of Barcelona. After the region was elevated to its own DO of Montsant, and a large...
Terrapin Moo-Hoo Chocolate Milk Stout Two great tastes that taste great together? Definitely! A milk stout is a stout sweetened with lactose sugar (which beer yeasts cannot metabolize). Athens, GA’s Terrapin Beer Company mixes things up by taking the cocoa nibs and...
"What to serve with Thanksgiving" A question we are asked continually this time of year. These are wines we've been recommending. More will be added each day... Chateau de Vaux, Pinot Noir Moselle 2014 - $21.99 (100% Pinot Noir; Moselle, Lorraine, France) Those of us...read more
Bordeaux is the world’s most famous wine region. It is home to the world's best red wines: the “First Growths” of Latour (Pauillac), Lafite-Rothschild (Pauillac), Mouton-Rothschild (Pauillac), Margaux (Margaux), and Haut Brion (Graves). And also the world's best...read more
Wine Wednesdays on 106.1 The Corner Every Wednesday, Robert talks with Jeff Sweatman about all things wine on The Corner 106.1 radio station. Once a month, Clinton talks about beer. The piece airs between 4:00 and 4:30 pm. For your convenience, and driving safety, we...read more
Market Street Wineshop
has been selling a large and carefully chosen selection of wines and beers in Downtown Charlottesville since 1986 and at our Uptown location since 1996. For the last 12 years we’ve been voted “Best Wine Shop” by the readers of C-VILLE Weekly. Our staff is passionate about wine and beer and we love hunting down inexpensive deals for dinner as well as helping you select something extraordinary for a special occasion. In addition to wine and beer we have a small but quality selection of specialty foods, coffees, teas, gifts and hand woven baskets. If you want to try before you buy, we have our Wines of the Week open to taste every day. We also have free tastings at both stores; beers Wednesday evening and wine Friday evening at our Downtown store, and wine Saturday afternoon at our Uptown store. We provide these services:
- Over 1200 wines and 400 beers in stock, with tens of thousands more available on a week’s notice.
- Free gift wrapping for bottles in our signature bright red bag.
- Help selecting gifts and putting together gift baskets.
- Delivery to anyone in our local area.
- Shipping to 29 states and the District of Columbia. We also sell wine shipping boxes.
- Gift Cards in any amount. Call with your credit card and recipient information. We are happy to mail them to the recipient for you. (They never expire and have no future fees.)
- Free chilling service. Our “Wine Well” chiller will chill any bottle in seven minutes. Wine or beer. If you want to pickup something in particular, just call and we will drop it in the chiller and have it waiting for you.
- Cork recycling. Carpets Plus has provided us a cork recycling bin from which they obtain corks to make cork flooring.
- Moving boxes. We keep a stack of cardboard wine and beer boxes that are perfectly-sized for moving. Feel free to take what you need.
Free Tastings Wines of the Week open every day at both stores (one white and one red) Wednesday Beer Tasting Downtown 5:30-7 pm Friday Wine Tasting Downtown 5-7:30 pm Saturday Wine Tasting Uptown 2-5 pm We offer these discounts: 15% off a full case of any 12 non-sale wines. 10% off a half case of any 6 non-sale wines. 5% off a case of any non-sale beers. (A case of beer is 4 six-packs, 6 four-packs, or any mixed combination adding to 24 single bottles.) (A case of beer is also 12 of the 22 oz or 750 ml bottles.) Sale wines or beers count toward your number. Items do not need to be all the same. They can be mixed. We provide information on our weekly tastings, events, and other specials in our e-newsletter. Sign Up today!